Thursday, October 28, 2010

IMA 101

I am going to talk about two out of six. The picture to the right of these words and the flower with bee on it about three pictures down. Well to start our art class went to the Indianapolis Art Museum for the last half of the school day. It was fun going some where new to take pictures.

This picture (right) was taken on the bridge near the Lilly House. The gate looked cool and I like the repetition of the medal flowers on this bridge, but I decided to take only one flower on this bridge. The picture farther down this page is taken in a garden right off the property of the Lilly House. In this picture I saw the bee and wanted to get a picture of this six legged creation. I got the bee and the flower it blend with. The flower was so pretty and I love that the background makes it stand out more.                                                


This (right picture) bridge is a great artifact about this museum. The fall colors behind this bridge make the focus of the picture stand out among the photo. I like the different colors of the metallic flower. The (few pictures down) flower is such an awesome tint of yellow that I think it makes the bee stand out even more than if the flower was a different color. I n this picture I like how you can tell where the sun is coming from, but it isn't the clearest thing in the world.

The photo to the right is rule of thirds. This photo follows this concept by where the metallic flower is placed in this picture. Before I took this picture I want the flower to be about where it's at. The flower is obviously the focus of this picture. If you can't tell that the flower is the focus, well then...! The color just makes the picture even better than normal. Bee on the flower is also following the rule of thirds concept. The flower's middle piece, where the bee is laying, is the focus of the picture.










No comments:

Post a Comment