Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Who Could This Be?



























These pictures were taken of classmates and of kids I love to hang out with in extended-care at my school. The first set of pictures were taken on south campus of Horizon. The next to pictures were taken in the art room using window lighting. These pictures to the right, in the art room as well. I used back and side lighting. And the last set is of the extended-care kids in action.

I used these photos to represent this project (portraits) because they had the best composition and great use of lighting on the pictures. When I took these  I was trying to follow some composition and figuring was to use lighting in these pictures. I would like the viewers to look at these pictures and question if the picture was actually taken by me (Katerina). I hope for these pictures to be an inspiration to those who want to learn how to take better portraits.

The first set of photos have the face in the rule of thirds. The second set of pictures have the main focus (eyes) in the rule of thirds. These pictures have both of them almost like they are looking at each other. In the third set of photos the  focus is in the rule of thirds. These pictures all look towards another photo in the set. These pictures at the bottom, use the birds and worms eye view. These pictures work on lighting and the last picture in the bottom set has this small young child looking into the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment